To help hold you secure on the roads, we’ve put together some beneficial suggestions:
- Ensure your caravan has been serviced before averting on excursion and exams have been done for fuel leaks and electrical troubles. If you have got a damage away brake device fitted make certain it is battery is completely charged.
- Inspect tyres carefully and make sure they’re inflated to the appropriate stress. Tyres now not best put on out they also age. Tyres that look k for tread can delaminate because of age inflicting serious damage on your caravan or camper.
- Check that the couplings and protection chains are efficiently linked and securely mounted.
- Ensure the brake and light connections are relaxed and all lighting fixtures paintings.
- Check that the wheel nuts on both your vehicle and caravan are tightened to the manufacturers specs.
- Make one or two check stops to check that the brakes are operating well.
- Adjust the mirrors to make certain you have got a very good view of the street at the back of your caravan.
- Check the awning is saved away and locked in the travel position. Remember to store away in wind and in no way leave your caravan unattended with the awning out.
- While you are travelling ensure that the gas cylinders are grew to become off and the fridge door is locked.
- Do now not overload your caravan or camper. You can take a look at the ATM limit on the compliance plate and if uncertain test your weight at a weigh bridge. Ball weight is likewise vital as this could cause harm to the towing car and motive an twist of fate if handed.
Towing a caravan adjustments the way your automobile will carry out, so it’s important to take more care for your next caravan vacation. Here are a few tips to keep in mind while towing your caravan.
- Towing a caravan decreases the acceleration and braking potential so it’s crucial to be privy to this. Ensure there’s extra space between you and the car in front, to allow for an extended stopping distance. Overtaking thoroughly calls for extra time and distance.
- Accelerate, brake and steer your caravan easily to avoid caravan sway. This is mainly essential in moist and slippery situations.
- If the caravan starts offevolved to sway keep away from applying the brakes. If you revel in sway use the hand manipulate in your brake controller as this may stabilise your caravan.
- Where feasible pull over to permit other motors to overhaul. Keep to the left and supply overtaking automobiles space to skip safely.
- Take extra care while driving in bad situations, excessive winds or passing larger vehicles. Slow right down to reduce swaying of your caravan.
- Reversing a caravan can be difficult so working towards earlier than hand is critical. Reversing with someone guiding you out of doors the automobile could be very beneficial.
- Load your caravan effectively to reduce the danger of sway.
- Towing a caravan can cause additional strain while using so plan plenty of relaxation stops to avoid fatigue.